Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 1: Getting Started

  Obviously the first step in writing my own game is to consult the internet, right? The first site I came across was this little beauty created by David Reilly: Java Coffee Break
  Not only does he give a good conceptual layout of what should go in to a text game, but he gives some java object code and an applet that puts it all together! I like this guy. I think I'll use this code to give myself a jump start and maybe re-work it a bit so it has my "style". So my first step will be getting the code to my liking, then setting up maybe two or three "room" objects with descriptions, and we'll see how things go from there!
  But all that will have to wait until after Christmas. Speaking of which, don't forget why we celebrate the season! If you don't know why we do, ask me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment